Join Our Group

Fire guts one-story building in Mushin, Lagos (Video)


Fire on Saturday morning engulfed a one-storey building located at 10 Moliki Street in the Mushin Local Government Area of Lagos State.

It was gathered that the fire started around 8am and destroyed the entire first floor of the residential building.

Public Relations Officer of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Nosa Okunbor, confirmed the incident to our correspondent in a telephone conversation.

Okunbor later in a statement said, “The LRT received a distress call via the control room of the above incident at the above address and the response team activated.

“Information gathered revealed that the fire started around 8:00 am. The cause of fire is attributed to negligence while cooking by a tenant with gas and leaving it unattended.

“The first floor is completely razed. The first floor has four self-contain apartments and a single room.

“The fire has been put out while damping down is ongoing. However, the outcome of the risk assessment by LASEMA at the conclusion of the ongoing damping down will determine the next line of action.”