MTN
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
MTN
HomeNationalLagos government announces traffic diversion at Maryland-Mende underpass

Lagos government announces traffic diversion at Maryland-Mende underpass

The Lagos government says it is diverting traffic from the Maryland-Mende underpass from Tuesday to continue the Opebi-Ojota link bridge construction.

The commissioner for transportation, Frederic Oladeinde, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday.

Mr Oladeinde assured that alternative routes had been mapped out to ease movement during the reconstruction of the underpass. He advised motorists to use the Ojota interchange to connect Maryland and its environs.

The commissioner also urged motorists heading to the inner streets of the axis to use Mobolaji Bank Anthony to access Emmanuel, Aderibigbe Shitta and Adeoye Adeyemi streets.

He said other motorists heading toward Mende and its environs could use Mende street to link Ajose street and connect Oki lane to continue their journey.

Mr Oladeinde added that the repairs of a section of the Lagos-bound lane at the Iyana Era/Badagry Expressway, scheduled for Saturday, had been postponed, promising to communicate the new date to the public.

While commending motorists for their patience and cooperation, he reaffirmed that the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority personnel would be deployed to the affected routes to minimise inconveniences.

(NAN)

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular