While Selena Gomez has reconnected with an old friend, Justin Bieber has made a new one.
The “Confident” singer, 20, has been spending a lot of time lately with 18-year-old Spanish model Yovanna Ventura. After jetting to Las Vegas for a whirlwind weekend, which included attending the Floyd Mayweather fight, Bieber and the brunette beauty headed to California where they have continued to hang out.
The duo was most recently spotted getting cozy in Venice Beach on Monday. Although Bieber labeled Ventura a “friend” on Instagram, there clearly is something more going on between these two.
Here are five things to know about Bieber’s gal pal:
1. She is bilingual: Yovanna is fluent in both English and Spanish.
2. She loves a selfie: Seriously, Yovanna out-Biebers Bieber when it comes to taking ab selfies. If you take a look at her Instagram page, pretty much every photo is courtesy of herself.
3. She’s into fitness: Yovanna clearly works hard to stay in shape, and enjoys sharing her exercise routine with her 200,000 plus followers. Her Instagram is filled with “how to” videos.
4. She’s in high school: Yovanna will graduate in June from Miami Senior High School. According to her Facebook, Elite Model Management in Miami represents her. We all know Bieber loves South Beach. Let’s just hope the next time he visits he doesn’t get arrested.
5. She isn’t superficial: By the looks of things, the Beliebers have already started to come after Yovanna. On Tuesday, she posted the following message on Instagram: “What you see on the outside is not who I am on the inside. I get so much judgement about what people THINK (due to my current situation) I am before they actually get to know me. I am a simple and very practical girl that is not turned on by flashy things. I am far from superficial or petty. Sometimes we as people need to stop passing judgment on the ones you know nothing about. Rather, take the time out and find out who you really are as a person. Instead of condemning someone you know nothing about…”