Tyson Fury has had enough. The Gypsy King is “sick of hearing excuses” from Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte, as he looks to finalize his next fight.
Fury has called for Joshua to step aside from his rematch with Oleksandr Usyk, paving the way for a fight between Fury and Usyk to unify the heavyweight belts.
— TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) January 25, 2022
If no deal is reached with Joshua, the bid with WBC mandatory challenger Whyte will be held on Wednesday with a view to that fight being Fury’s next bout.
“I am sick of looking at these bums, sick of listening to their excuses,” he said on social media.
“Is Dillian Whyte going to fight me? Is Anthony Joshua going to step aside? Tick tick tock. The time has run out of the bottle. You’re all getting a good hiding – cowards.”
Despite the back and forth, Fury’s team remains optimistic that they can work out a deal with Joshua before the purse bids are held, which would allow him to face Usyk next.
Negotiations, however, could come to an end after Joshua denied that a deal was close.
Anthony Joshua’s response for Tyson Fury
After it emerged Fury’s promoters Frank Warren and Bob Arum were in talks with his team, Joshua responded denying any contract had been signed.
“You know what’s bad about all these interviews I see?”, he said. “I see certain interviews that quote what I said, and I think to myself: ‘I ain’t done no interviews. Where did this person get this information from?”
“I’m hearing people saying, ‘AJ accepts £15m to step aside’. I ain’t signed no contract, I ain’t seen no contract. I’m the man in control of my destiny, I’m a smart individual and I make calculated decisions every step of the way.”
Whyte, the WBC’s mandatory challenger, has protested against the 80/20 purse split proposed by the WBC.